Replacing your water heater isn’t a small decision. You want to time it right, choose a unit that will suit your needs, and make sure the water heater installation goes off without a hitch. For the best results, partner with Penguin Air, Plumbing & Electrical. We install all types of water heaters and service most major brands.
Contact us today at (480) 747-6800 to speak with a Phoenix or Tucson plumber about replacing your water heater.
Signs it’s Time for a Water Heater Replacement
Unless your water heater has failed completely, you may be unsure of when to start comparing replacement options. Here are some signs to watch for:
- Old age: Maintenance can help extend the life of your water heater by months or even years. Even so, the end of its lifespan will eventually come. After a decade in service, it’s time to consider water heater replacement.
- Water quality: Your tank may be corroding if the water appears rust-colored at the tap. Call a plumber to diagnose the problem and replace your water heater if necessary.
- Water heater problems: Do you frequently run out of hot water, notice strange sounds coming from the water heater, or see puddles around the tank? These are all signs that a water heater replacement may be required soon.
- Increasing repairs: Penguin Air offers water heater repair—which is your first option when your unit acts up—but you shouldn’t be repairing this appliance every few months. If you’re tired of repeatedly fixing your broken water heater, or an upcoming repair is looking pricy, a replacement may be in order.
Do any of these signs sound familiar? If so, contact Penguin Air to ask about replacing your water heater today.
What Does Water Heater Replacement Involve?
If the time has come to install a new water heater, you want the replacement process to go smoothly. Here’s what’s involved:
- Choose a fuel type: The two most common water heater fuels are natural gas and electricity. Other options include fuel oil, propane, geothermal power, and solar energy. We can help you choose a fuel that suits your needs best.
- Size your water heater: If your new water heater is too small, it won’t keep up with demand. If it’s too large, you’ll overpay on your water heating bills. Penguin Air can help you size your unit correctly based on your hot water requirements.
- Compare energy efficiency ratings: After space heating and cooling, water heating is your costliest utility. While a more efficient unit may come with a higher price tag, the ongoing energy savings could provide an excellent return on investment.
- Pick a style: Storage water heaters are the most common, but tankless units are growing in popularity. Tankless or on-demand water heaters only provide hot water when you need it, avoiding the standby heat loss associated with storage tanks. This could be a viable option if you’re looking for a way to lower your water heating costs.
- Consider installation requirements: Water heater installation is not a DIY task. Leave the job to a qualified plumber for optimal safety and performance. Rest assured that the professional who installs your water heater will also remove the old unit, so you don’t have to dispose of it yourself.
Schedule Water Heater Replacement in Phoenix & Tucson, AZ
Penguin Air has been installing and servicing water heaters in the Phoenix and Tucson area for nearly a decade. Our reliable plumbers promise to meet your needs with timely, courteous service and a price-match guarantee.
Don’t put off water heater replacement—start saving on your water heating bills by installing a new one today! Contact Penguin Air at (480) 747-6800 to request a water heater replacement quote.