When your water heater functions as intended, it works quietly in the background, producing hot water for cooking, cleaning, and bathing. However, if something goes wrong with your water heater, you’ll notice a problem fairly quickly.
For fast, reliable water heater repair in Phoenix and Tucson, AZ, you can always rely on Penguin Air, Plumbing & Electrical. We respond quickly to water heater repair calls—24 hours a day, 7 days a week—ready to provide diagnose and fix the problem to get your water heater running smoothly again.
Contact Penguin Air online or call (480) 747-6800 for water heater repair service in Phoenix or Tucson, AZ. We offer same-day and 24-hour emergency service!
Signs It’s Time for Water Heater Repair at Your Phoenix or Tucson Home
Some water heater behaviors are perfectly normal. For example, standard tank water heaters may need time to recover between periods of hot water use, like after someone showers.
On the other hand, some problems shouldn’t be ignored. Some warning signs of water heater problems that you shouldn’t overlook include:
- No hot water: No one wants to suffer through a cold shower! If your water heater stops doing its job, something could be wrong with the fuel supply, thermostat, thermocouple, heating elements, or other components. You may need a professional repair to set things right.
- A leaky tank: Water pooling around the water heater may indicate a leaky valve. If you also see corrosion, the tank itself could be leaking. This demands immediate attention to avoid catastrophic failure and structural damage to your home.
- Rising water heating bills: If your water heater works harder than necessary, you might notice your gas or electric bills increase without explanation. Mineral buildup within the tank, which can block heat transfer, is a common reason for this. Flushing the tank can help restore efficient operation.
- Discolored water: If water from the tap appears rust-colored, your pipes or water heater could be to blame. If only the hot water is affected, the issue probably lies with your water heater.
- Foul-smelling hot water: Bacteria in the tank can produce hydrogen sulfide, a stinky gas that gives your water a rotten egg smell. Flushing your water heater and setting the temperature no lower than 120 degrees can help resolve the issue.
- Noisy operation: Your water heater should run almost silently. If you notice high-pitched whining noises, this could indicate a layer of scale buildup on the electric heating elements. Rumbling or banging sounds could point to excessive sediment settling in the tank. And whistling might mean a valve is leaking or the tank is cracked.
- Power troubles: If your water heater repeatedly shuts itself off or trips the circuit breaker, you may face the dreaded cold shower. A plumber can troubleshoot the problem and provide a solution.
Is your water heater raising one of these red flags? If so, call (480) 747-6800 or contact Penguin Air online to schedule water heater repair service at your Phoenix or Tucson home!
Types of Water Heaters We Repair
The team at Penguin Air has experience servicing most major water heater brands, including Rheem, A.O. Smith, Bradford White, and others. Our plumbing company can also repair any style of water heater you have, including:
- Storage tank water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Solar-powered water heaters
- Heat pump/hybrid water heaters
- High-efficiency condensing water heaters
- Commercial water heaters
Schedule Water Heater Repair in Phoenix & Tucson, AZ
Our licensed, insured technicians are proud to offer every customer the Penguin VIP experience. This includes same-day service, a lifetime labor warranty on all our repair work, and a 100% money-back guarantee.
Plus, we are available 24/7 to meet your needs, so even if your water heater breaks down on a Friday night or during a holiday weekend, we have you covered! We’ll also waive the service call fee if you go forward with a repair.