You probably have your list written out already – lose weight, finish that project, be more mindful. And while the Penguin team is all about the betterment of you and your livelihood, we also think your HVAC system deserves some attention this time of year, too! By just following a few simple steps and tricks, you can ensure your HVAC system stays happy and healthy, just as you do, all throughout the new year. Keep on reading to learn how you can make your HVAC system more energy-efficient!
How Can I Increase My HVAC System’s Energy Efficiency?
You can do so in these easy steps:
- Choose a smart thermostat. Have you seen all of the new systems people have in their homes, including fancy Wi-Fi thermostats? Well, they do a lot more for your home than just make it seem high-tech. Smart thermostats can be programmed to lower or raise your home temperature (depending on the time of year) to save you energy costs when you’re not home!
- Focus on your indoor air quality. That may sound simple enough. The air in your home is naturally pretty clean, right? Well, not always. Dust can easily build up in your air ducts, and you may be breathing in invisible allergens that are coming from a leak in your home, like a gas stove or loose window. By investing in a humidifier, dehumidifier, or air purifier, you can improve your loved ones’ health while taking better care of your home’s HVAC system.
- Schedule regular HVAC maintenance. You go to routine doctor and dentist appointments to stay healthy, right? Well, your HVAC system needs to do the same! By scheduling regular HVAC maintenance, you can keep your HVAC working optimally, reducing energy costs. You can also catch signs of damage earlier, saving you money on repair costs!
- Remember to change your air filter. This one is probably the simplest one that you can perform on your own. Air filters can clog up pretty easily, and that means more dust and allergens are constantly flowing into your home. We generally suggest replacing your filter once a month in the winter, and every three months in the summer.
- Replace your HVAC system. You may be thinking, “What!? Why would I want to do that?” Well, starting in 2020, R-22, or Freon, will be completely phased out as mandated by the EPA. This means that if your current unit uses Freon, you will not be able to add more Freon to it. It also means if your unit breaks down, you will have to replace it with a non-Freon system. We recommend to get ahead of the curve, bite the bullet, and replace your HVAC system sooner rather than later!
Choose Penguin Air for Your HVAC Efficiency Needs
There are so many benefits that come about when you go the extra mile to improve your HVAC efficiency. Between Wi-Fi thermostats, high-quality SEER ratings, and reduced energy costs, you can’t really go wrong. And if you’re looking for a reliable helping hand to assist you along the way in your HVAC resolution journey, Penguin Air is here for you. We are proud to provide 24/7 service throughout the Phoenix and Tucson area. Alongside this, we also provide same-day service, free estimates on installs and replacements, financing, and much more. Choose the professionals at Penguin Air to help cross off the bullets on your HVAC New Year’s resolution list!
Just call (480) 747-6800 or contact Penguin Air online to get started on your HVAC New Year’s resolution and start reducing your energy costs!