If you installed a tankless water heater 20 years ago, you were part of a movement that has gained even more traction in recent years. Your tankless unit outlasted all of your friends’ and neighbors’ conventional storage tanks, but sadly, all good things must come to an end.
Rely on Penguin Air, Plumbing & Electrical to replace the tankless water heater in your Phoenix or Tucson home. For nearly a decade, we have helped our customers enjoy efficient water heating with the best appliances technology has to offer.
Call us today at (480) 747-6800 to request a quote for tankless water heater replacement!
Signs You Need Tankless Water Heater Replacement
You probably don’t want to find out your water heater has failed by getting blasted with cold water in the middle of a shower. Proactively watch for these signs so you can replace your water heater before it goes out completely.
- Age: Tankless units are known to last twice as long as storage water heaters—up to 20 years with proper maintenance. Once your appliance begins to approach this milestone, it’s wise to start browsing for replacement options.
- Rising water heating costs: You have probably grown accustomed to incredibly low water heating bills over the years. If you notice a sudden spike, it might mean your tankless water heater is nearing the end of its lifespan, especially if it’s also close to 20 years old.
- Hot water problems: By now, you’re familiar with how your tankless unit works. If you notice problems with the flow rate or your showers aren’t as hot as they used to be, call a plumber to find out if a replacement is in order.
- Increasing repairs: Penguin Air offers tankless water heater repair, which should be your first option if your unit is acting up. However, you shouldn’t have to repair the appliance every few months. If your broken water heater refuses to stay fixed, or an upcoming repair is too expensive, it could be time for a replacement.
If you see any of these signs, contact Penguin Air for help replacing your tankless water heater.
What Tankless Water Heater Replacement Service Involves
Now that you’re thinking about replacing your tankless water heater, you want your next investment to last just as long and perform even better than your previous model. With this goal in mind, consider these factors when purchasing a new tankless water heater:
- Fuel type: The most straightforward option is to stick with the same fuel source you had before. However, if you’re interested in trying something new, be aware that tankless water heaters can run on electricity, natural gas, fuel oil, propane, geothermal, and solar energy.
- Size: Accurate sizing requires you to determine the flow rate and temperature rise required for the application. If your family has grown or you’ve added a bathroom to your home in recent years, resizing your new unit will ensure you get all the hot water you need.
- Energy efficiency: More efficient performance may come with a higher upfront price tag, but your water heating bills will remain low for the next two decades. For many homeowners, the long-term savings are worth the initial investment.
- Installation requirements: Insist on a professional tankless water heater installation to ensure optimal safety and performance. Leaving the job to a plumber also takes care of having your old unit hauled away.
Schedule Tankless Water Heater Replacement in Phoenix & Tucson, AZ
For the best results, count on the experienced plumbers at Penguin Air to handle your tankless water heater replacement. We are confident we can complete the job to your satisfaction—in fact, we guarantee it!
Give us a call at (480) 747-6800 to install a new tankless water heater in your Phoenix or Tucson home today.